Posted: February 2023Events
ATIC recently invited members of the type 1 diabetes community to learn more about us – the first Australasian clinical trial collaborative set up to accelerate development and delivery of immunotherapy treatments for people with type 1 diabetes.
During this online (Zoom) Forum, attendees learned about:
- The latest ATIC clinical trial – now recruiting (visit atic.svi.edu.au/clinical-trials for more information)
- Immunotherapy – what is it and how does it work?
- ATIC – how and why it was established
- A participant’s perspective of the clinical trial experience
Host: Dr Michelle So, endocrinologist, researcher, and Lead, ATIC Education & Training Domain.
- Professor Tom Kay, ATIC Chair
- A/Professor John Wentworth, ATIC Clinical Lead Investigator
- Dr Dorota Pawlak, Chief Scientific Officer, JDRF
- Ms Fiona McGregor, Deputy Chair, ATIC Community Engagement Panel
- Ms Kate Wilkinson, Type 1 diabetes clinical trial participant
You can view the video of the webinar here:
We are also documenting the Qs and As from the event, and will make those available soon.